Subject: MicroVAX 3300
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/11/2000 17:26:00
I got my Microvax 3300 today...  powered it up, ran fine for a little while then
I noticed a little waft of smoke coming from the power supply, I shut it down
and when I powered it back up a few minutes later the power LED on the power
supply didn't turn on but the fans kicked in.

Now the processor module comes up with an F that stays there on the LED display.
 The switch for ethernet media works (the lights change when I flip it.  I'm
pretty sure the power supply is probably toast.  If a power supply in a VAX
takes a $hit will it take out the backplane or the cards or will replacing the
power supply take care of it?

What does the F mean on a KA640 anyway?

I'm pretty bummed.

--Kevin