Subject: DSSI Support?
To: 'port-vax@netbsd.org' <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: PaulT <ptice@p2.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/11/2000 14:14:52
Is anyone working on DSSI support? I've got a MicroVAX 3300 up and running, I'm
about to pick up a 'disk tower' for the thing, and so far it seems I have two
choices:

1) Dual Boot VMS / NetBSD-VAX
2) Netboot NetBSD only.

I'll probably do #1 for a bit anyway, just to learn a little VMS, but I'd love
to be able to have one of the DSSI disks available to NetBSD.

#2 is not an ideal solution to me, I'm rather hoping to offload a caching DNS,
Mailserver, and maybe some other stuff to yon olden VAX. (Did I mention the
memory is maxed at 52 Meg? Yowsers!)

 On another topic, although I've managed to figure out the basic switches on
the control panel(s), I'm looking for more info on the TEST and POST codes,
along with, of course, a SCSI controller for this beast. Any help out there?

Thanks
Paul
ptice@p2.net
lpt1@cyber-wizard.com

I tried hacking NetBSD onto my solar powered calculator.
But the sun is never out when I'm hacking, so I couldn't test it.