Subject: Re: dumb question
To: Per Larsson <tucker@algonet.se>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/11/2000 20:08:11
Hi !

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Per Larsson wrote:
> > Absolutely correct. Framebuffer support for VAXen is usable for
> > onboard-Mono of some VAXstations, and for the QDSS (color framebuffer)
> > for the QBus. Everything else has to be driven serial.
>
> So if I remove the '#' from this line in a *-current* conf/GENERIC
> #qd0            at uba? csr 0177400     # 4- or 8-bitplans color graphics
> and compile a new kernel, it should work?

Not definitely. Maybe, the driver is not in a current state to match the
kernel. You should just try it out, i think.

> If so, perhaps someone can make such a kernel (preferably KA630-only)
> available on the net somewhere, since a uVax-II is so slow.

About 24 hours for a kernel build i think :-) If you have the time to wait for
next week, i will re-animate my NetBSD-developing machine, grab the dust from
the disks, put a new kernel source into it, and just let it run, then it is
cooked in 3 hours.

...Michael

--
 Michael@unixiron.org, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.bsdfans.org
 I'm using: [solaris] [hp-ux] [irix] [freebsd] [netbsd] [openbsd] [linux]