Subject: Re: dumb question
To: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
From: Per Larsson <tucker@algonet.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/11/2000 19:33:51
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Michael Kukat wrote:

> Absolutely correct. Framebuffer support for VAXen is usable for
> onboard-Mono of some VAXstations, and for the QDSS (color framebuffer)
> for the QBus. Everything else has to be driven serial.

So if I remove the '#' from this line in a *-current* conf/GENERIC
#qd0            at uba? csr 0177400     # 4- or 8-bitplans color graphics
and compile a new kernel, it should work?

If so, perhaps someone can make such a kernel (preferably KA630-only)
available on the net somewhere, since a uVax-II is so slow.

I want to know if my ill-tempered DEQNA works better with the rewritten
qe-driver, but I had gotten the impression that the qd-driver was broken
around the same time, which seemed to give one or the other, not both.

If it's not broken, I want to use it, of course.