Subject: My 3100 net booting trouble
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/2000 12:18:49
Well, it seemed to clear up. Two things happened and I'm not sure if either
actually had the desired effect. One is that I ran mopd with 5 'd's' (ie
mopd -d -d -d -d -d fxp0) to get all the debugging information available.
This I was going to capture into a file and analyze. And second the hub
partitioned the uplink from another room where the VAX 4000/300 was sitting
running VMS. Current theories are:
	1) The mopd machine (Celeron 466) was "too fast" and printing out the debug
	   info slowed it down.
	2) The 4000/300 was trying to "help" boot the 3100 for some reason. Mopd
did crash a
	   couple of times with bogus MOP packets (something about RPR)

--Chuck