Subject: Re: VAX8350
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: markus <markus@ent.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/2000 16:52:16
>   That three-phase business, though...I think it's not three-phase,
> but just 220V (actually two-phase, two hots and a neutral)...If the
> power connector has three blades, it's one of these.  If it's labeled,
> it should say "L6-30".

Right you are Dave, I'm not very familiar with electronics and foobared the
term.

> > off the 3-phase supply, but I could be wrong. There's almost certainly
> > some kind of interlock to prevent the rest of the machine from powering
> > up if there's no airflow -- certainly the 750 has such a safety feature.

Now would you think it is the fans that are broken thus preventing the main
modules from powering up? As I stated the LED's for the main PWR
distribution board turn on. However the modules remain unpowered and so does
the fan. I've tried both disconnecting the fan from the PSU/keeping the
modules connected && keeping the fan connected/disconnecting the modules
with no success of powering either the fan or the modules. Any clues on what
would cause this?