Subject: Netbooting an 8350 ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/20/2000 09:03:07
Hello all!

Since the very recent changes in the NetBSD-Vax world (spin-up code, standalone
DEBN* drivers) I'm just about ready to try my 8350. The problem is that
it's been three years since I powered it up and a couple of years since
my last uV-2000 netboot. The machine is located far away from here and I'm
not going to start driving there every day (gas is at $5/gallon or ~$1.4/liter).

So, how do I boot it ? I can setup the normal boot servers and the like, but
do I need some RX50 console floppy magic ? I'll probably run it with
nfsroot since those 2*RA81+RA82 aren't exactly "power-saving". Hey! There's a
thought: apm+apmd with an 8600! Boggles the mind...

Thanks for any tips!

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi