Subject: Re: disk boot freeze
To: None <fm_sendthere@gmx.de>
From: Kelly Hornsby <hornsbyk@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/18/2000 17:38:57
> Do you have a serial console attached to the VS3100?
> I havn't got NetBSD running on my VS3100 as it crashes every time (I asked
> why here before but I never got an answer.... will upgrade to 1.4.2
> soon.), but I heard that the Graphics-Interface (GPX or SPX) isn't
> supported even as a console-device, so the boot messages (like
> countdown) appear on the graphical console, as this is not the kernel, and
> the other messages don't.

I have a VT420 attached to the second console port (MMJ) that has a
printer/console icon above the port.  the other port has just two arrows
above it (it's next to the LEDs).

I can see the CDROM boot up fine and run the install procedure.  however,
the disk boot does not make it that far.

It is very odd.

> Just a thought,
> Freddy

thx.  I'm still investigating.