Subject: disk boot freeze
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <hornsbyk@att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/13/2000 01:11:07
Hello All

I've installed the 1.4.2 image from CDROM onto my
V3100/M78 and the installation completes without any
problem.  sysinst installed all the files, and the disk
looks good.  I can boot up the machine from CD, and
mount my drives with no problem.  However, I cannot get
my machine to boot up using the disk boot.

My disk is dka000, and my cdrom is on the other scsi bus
dkb100 at scsi address 1.  My fixed drive is a conner
cpf2105s and it is at address 0 on the first scsi bus.
The bootloader starts ok, and tries to load netbsd at
after the autoboot banner counts down, but nothing
happens, and there's no activity on the disk (i've got
it dead bug style laying in the case and I'm watching
the LED on the conner).

Any ideas?  Am I using the wrong boot flags?  I'm
stumped here, because I can't seem to figure out how to
tell the machine to use this disk for the boot process.

Thx for any suggestions.