Subject: Re: Repost: Ring Overrun errors. Why?
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2000 09:04:08
On Sun, 4 Jun 2000, Bruce Lane wrote:

> 	I posted this nearly two weeks ago, and got not one single
> reply, so let's try again.

It was answered, I clearly remember someone replying (think it might even
have been Ragge, but don't quote me).

> 	I recently upgraded a MicroVAX 3, with a DELQA card, to
> NetBSD 1.4.2. I was under the impression that the network-related
> "Ring Overrun" errors had been corrected in this release.
>
> 	Unfortunately, they are still present. Less frequent, to be sure,
> but still present.
>
> 	Can anyone please shed some light on why?

It has been fixed, but we're talking about -current. It will *not* show up
in any 1.4.x release. It will get in at 1.5. So, either upgrade to
-current, or learn to live with it. The whole driver has been rewritten i
-current.

> 	Also, is there a workaround I can use to get rid of them?
> They're extremely annoying when they pop up in the middle of an
> open vi session.

You just edit /etc/syslog.conf, telling where to send different messages.
Two hints are to remove all messages sent to root, and all messages sent
to /dev/console

	Johnny