Subject: RE: EQUIPMENT ALERT: MultiBus goodies & VAXen!
To: 'John' <allain@panix.com>
From: John Allain <John.Allain@donnelley.infousa.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/2000 10:11:15
Definitely interested.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-classiccmp@classiccmp.org
[mailto:owner-classiccmp@classiccmp.org]On Behalf Of Bruce Lane
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 8:16 PM
To: classiccmp@classiccmp.org
Cc: port-vax@netbsd.org
Subject: EQUIPMENT ALERT: MultiBus goodies & VAXen!

CC'd to Port-VAX and Classiccmp...

Hi, folks,

	The local (Seattle) used computer place I work with on
occasion has turned up a whole stack of DEC VAXStation 4000's
(desktop/'pizza box' configuration). I think these are the VLC model.

	Very little is known about them, though I also saw a whole pile
of in-the-box LK401 keyboards with them. I'm pretty sure the owner
of the place would let 'em go pretty cheap, especially since they're
mainly a PC store.

	If there's any interest in these, let me know and I'll go over one
or more in detail.

	Now, on the MultiBus front: The Seattle store has turned up a
MultiBus computer that's full of boards, and at least one tape drive.
It's in a rack chassis, pretty light for its size, and has a whole slew
of serial ports (9-pinners) on the backside. It also has an SMD disk
controller, and what appears to be a SCSI adapter (at least it's tied
to a SCSI/QIC-xx bridge board to run the cartridge tape drive).

	Again, if there's any interest, let me know (and please include
any offers -- don't be shy!) and I'll see what I can do to rescue the
beastie.

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner/Head Honcho,
Blue Feather Technologies (www.bluefeathertech.com)
kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
"SCSI Users, Unite! Beware the IDEs of March!"