Subject: Re: Thoughts on snapshot cd image......
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2000 13:33:26
> >Sorry, thinking VAX but writing Sun3 (also giving me fits).
> >Let me rephrase that.  It did the boot and partitioning and install, but
> >then did not reboot on the MV3100/10, after the installation completed.
>
> That's strange.  I had no problems on a VS4000/60.
>
> > > sysinst will partition & newfs a disk and then extract the installation
> > > tar files on it and then setup the devices and install boot blocks.
> >
> >Yep, it did that fine, but would not reboot.  The boot loader came up,
> >V.1.7 or something like that, then it froze, when the kernel was supposed
> >to load.
>
> Hmmm.  You did extract the kernel subset, right?

I though I extracted everything.  But, I will recheck that to be sure.

> Can you capture the console output and send it to me?

The basic mumbo jumbo is:

NetBSD boot loader message...
> boot netbsd

then it just locks up.  You, know, if the kern was not unrolled, that
might do that kind of thing.  I will recheck that to make absolutely
sure I did not do something stupid, like forget the kern.tgz....(:+{{...

Thanks

Bob