Subject: Re: Compiling kernel with support for VAX 4000m200
To: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2000 10:01:53
Hi !

On Sun, 28 May 2000, Erno Palonheimo wrote:
> ka660.o: Undefined symbol `_generic_clkread' referenced from data segment
> ka660.o: Undefined symbol `_generic_clkwrite' referenced from data segment
>
> As an additional bonus, rf_netbsdkintf.o complains about
> _booted_device, but RAID support isn't strictly necessary so I can
> live without that.. I'm not too much of a C wizard, so after some
> tweaking I decided not to break things further (KA660 seemed to be
> missing from some #if's in clock.c) and ask about this on the
> list. Has anyone managed to compile a kernel for VAX 4000m200
> recently? I'm using the 20000517 snapshot from ftp.netbsd.org.

If an older snapshot fits your needs, you can fetch it from:
http://www.vaxpower.de/download

but this is some months old, it's the kernel i did the port with. At the
moment, i have no idea, why it doesn't find those clock routines. You could
try to find that, just compare ka660.c and ka670.c or so.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de