Subject: Compiling kernel with support for VAX 4000m200
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2000 07:38:16
Greetings,

I've been trying to compile a kernel for my VAX 4000m200 with no
success. My builds with -current sources always end with a complaint
like this:

ka660.o: Undefined symbol `_generic_clkread' referenced from data segment
ka660.o: Undefined symbol `_generic_clkwrite' referenced from data segment

As an additional bonus, rf_netbsdkintf.o complains about
_booted_device, but RAID support isn't strictly necessary so I can
live without that.. I'm not too much of a C wizard, so after some
tweaking I decided not to break things further (KA660 seemed to be
missing from some #if's in clock.c) and ask about this on the
list. Has anyone managed to compile a kernel for VAX 4000m200
recently? I'm using the 20000517 snapshot from ftp.netbsd.org.

--
--- Erno Palonheimo -- Helsinki University of Technology
----- esp@cc.hut.fi -- Computer Centre Administration