Subject: Re: Thoughts on snapshot cd image......
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2000 12:43:16
> Huh?  There is no miniroot that it boots.  Install doesn't work that
> way anymore.  It boots a kernel with a ramdisk.  The ramdisk has a set
> of set of installation tools including sysinst.

Sorry, thinking VAX but writing Sun3 (also giving me fits).
Let me rephrase that.  It did the boot and partitioning and install, but
then did not reboot on the MV3100/10, after the installation completed.

> sysinst will partition & newfs a disk and then extract the installation
> tar files on it and then setup the devices and install boot blocks.

Yep, it did that fine, but would not reboot.  The boot loader came up,
V.1.7 or something like that, then it froze, when the kernel was supposed
to load.

Anything I should be looking at there?  I was using a VT420/VT100 terminal,
and did not see anything come back to it after the boot loader.  Is there
something I need to set differently on the MV3100, vs something like
a VS3100/M38?

Bob