Subject: Re: format(8) ? Where is it?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2000 10:52:55
Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de> writes:

> Usage: scsictl device command [arg [...]]
>    Commands pertaining to scsi devices:
>         format
>         identify
>         reassign blkno [blkno [...]]
> [...]
> see the manual for details.

Can someone tell me whether "reassign" will make any attempt to
salvage the data in the given block?  I've got a couple of blocks that
are going bad, but still readable.  I'd like to reassign them and copy
the data in them to the assigned spares.

-tih
--
This is the Unix version of the ILOVEYOU worm, and in the spirit of such, it
depends on the user community to propagate.  Please send this message to all