Subject: Re: No logic in dying xmit logic? [Was: Re: ze0: xmit logic died,
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/21/2000 19:31:05
Hi !

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> > > How? Just tell nfsd on the server to accept only TCP does *not* work.
> > > (Booting stops at @@@@@@@@@/). There is nothing in man nfsiod about
> > > it. /etc/services?
> >
> > Shit, you're right. It's not just mount_nfs, the booter and kernel also need
> > standard UDP NFS... But it could work here. Getting the booter via MOP, then
> > booting from DSSI drive, and mounting the homedirs via NFS.
> >
> Forgive me from coming back on this xmit logic. Are you sure it is not
> a hardware problem? For I cannot find any logic behind the dying
> logic. It behaves like the weather. At times it isn't there at all for
> hours, even when I connect through telnet and do some 'work' that way.
[...]

I don't think that this is a hardware problem. In that case, every SGEC-
equipped VAX running NetBSD would be broken :-) I think, there is some very
small thing in the driver, which make a bit trouble. Maybe i try to get this
problem, if i have the time. Summer holidy could be usable for lots of stuff i
want to do with some of my VAXen according NetBSD.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de