Subject: Re: No logic in dying xmit logic? [Was: Re: ze0: xmit logic died, resetting...]
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/21/2000 18:41:39
Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl> writes:

> Forgive me from coming back on this xmit logic. Are you sure it is not
> a hardware problem? For I cannot find any logic behind the dying
> logic. It behaves like the weather. At times it isn't there at all for
> hours, even when I connect through telnet and do some 'work' that way.

I really don't think it's a hardware issue. My VAX 4000/200 had no
problem whatsoever with it's SGEC when running VMS, but with NetBSD
I'm getting error messages about dead logic every now and then.

Could this have something to do with the userland binaries? I've
encountered this behaviour more often with the latest snapshot from
neurotica. Older snapshots cause less trouble, but it keeps happening.

--
--- Erno Palonheimo -- Helsinki University of Technology
----- esp@cc.hut.fi -- Computer Centre Administration