Subject: RE: Vaxstation graphics to SVGA monitor?
To: 'PORTVAX@trailing-edge.com' <PORTVAX@trailing-edge.com>
From: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/17/2000 13:46:54
> >I have done this and it works.  I had a 3100 and a E-machines monitor
> > (from a disused Macintosh system), which took component video input.
Worked
> > fine....
>
> Did the E-machines monitor have BNC (i.e. separate R/G/B) video inputs,
> or did you use the standard SVGA connector?  Can you get me the exact
> model of the monitor that worked for you?  What video mode does your
> VS3100 work in?

There was both a 15 pin connection as well as five BNC connectors.  I only
connected the RGB connectors.  I don't have the 3100 any more but it was
attached to a VR-290.  I cannot remember the specifics of it

The monitor is a ColorPage T16-II.  It's funny how sometimes monitors out
last the computers they were intended for!  This monitor is on it's third
computer!  You can see a picture of this at:
http://www.sporner.com/personal/andy_01.jpg
Where you can see the 3100 on the floor driving the monitor.

I also have a newer HPA4033A (20") but I didn't test it because It was
acquired long after the 3100 disappeared...

Andy