Subject: Re: ze0: xmit logic died, resetting...
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/15/2000 07:22:35
Hi !

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> The message in the subject is sometimes uttered by my vax 4000/200,
> either once and it moves on or every minute and it stops responding. I
> have a vague idea what it could mean. What can I do about it? Get
> another ze0? (In fact I have a spare one:-) Or is it not a hardware
> thing?

No, just ignore it, it's a bug i think. I found out, this comes more often with
UDP packets. If i copy a file over the network with NFS, i can be sure to have
to grab my VT to shut down the machine, because network is impossible,
especially the ypbind doesn't get any more answer. If i copy the same file via
ftp, the problem isn't there. Ok, this is not much, but a bit :-)

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de