Subject: Re: Work for my vax?
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2000 11:15:23
Marc Schneiders writes:

> It would be very nice to do a little more than just turn on the vax
> and maybe have a look at the webpage on it saying "bozohttpd test"
> (though it takes ages for it to show, which must be my fault).

Have you made sure your DNS settings are correct?  This sounds a bit
like the "delay attempting to reverse lookup an address" issue.
Disabling DNS (by removing /etc/resolv.conf) would be a quick test.

FWIW, my VS3100/M38 runs apache/ap-php3 and can serve a 'index.php3'
with a phpinfo() call in under 2 seconds.

I would hope bozohttpd would be faster than apache 1.3.x + php3!

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | NetBSD ist Affengeil.
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | Nachts ist es kaelter
I speak for myself, not for my employer.  | als draussen.