Subject: Re: DSSI disk support
To: Rink Springer <rink@springer.cx>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2000 14:44:16
Hi !

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Rink Springer wrote:
> I finally got my VAX 4000/300 netbooting NetBSD/vax (yay!)... NetBSD doesn't seem to recognize the SCSI adapter it has (I think it's onboard or something, havn't opened the box yet), but it also hasn't found the DSSI stuff... (the box contains 3 DSSI disks, according to SHOW DSSI).
>
> Anyhow, does anyone know where I can get the DSSI controller specs, so I can write a driver for it? I'm very willing to do that, y'know... but a AltaVista query on DSSI specs came up with nothing usable... does anything know where I can get them?

Your SCSI could be KZQSA, this is a bit weird, and only intended to be a
tape controller. It doesn't talk MSCP, that's why there is no driver for it
yet. DSSI specs are a bit hairy, the SHAC specs are in the tech manual of your
machine (and several others, KA660 and KA680 also use it), but this is just
the controller, i didn't see the DSSI protocol specs somewhere yet.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de