Subject: Re: Work for my vax?
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2000 14:42:31
Hi !

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> Could anyone recommend some project like setiathome or distributed.net
> that has a netbsd-vax client? I've searched, but found none. Something
> not too difficult to set up, please :-)
>
> It would be very nice to do a little more than just turn on the vax
> and maybe have a look at the webpage on it saying "bozohttpd test"
> (though it takes ages for it to show, which must be my fault).

A nice thing i tested some time ago is the Berkley MPEG encoder. I ran it here
in a cluster of 10 very different machines (HP-PS, Sun Ultrasparc, SGI, Linux
i386, NetBSD/VAX, NetBSD/pmax), the VAX 4000/300 was not really fast, but it
worked nice in this cluster :-)

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de