Subject: Re: Even more netboot problems with a VAX 4000/300
To: Rink Springer <rink@springer.cx>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2000 09:28:54
Hi !

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Rink Springer wrote:
> I'm getting there! My VAX is now finally getting it's IP address and all
> that... it now gets to the NFS info, and it seems to mount the path too, but
> it crashes at the point where it should load it's kernel... the prompt where
> it should load it's kernel is:
>
> @@@@@\
>
> And that keeps on for some time... then I get an error (-1 I think) and then
> the following repeating:

Check the log of your NFS server for hunting the bug. Is it a Linux-box? If
it is RedHat >= 6.0 or some other kernel 2.2-based system, you have to insert
-no-nfs-version-3 or something into the nfsd command line. Just look at the
log, if you can't see enough there, increade the verbosity level in
syslog.conf.

> stray interrupt: pc 30226c vector 0x18, ipl 31

Hmm. This shouldn't be, but if it doesn't find the kernel, it doesn't matter.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de