Subject: Re: VAX on TV???
To: Christer Sandvik <bjb630g@tninet.se>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/12/2000 16:57:16
On Fri, 12 May 2000, Christer Sandvik wrote:

> Johnny Billquist wrote:
> >
> > Actually, TRON was generated on a PDP-10 clone.
>
> Yes, I remember now. You stoled the words! ;)
> The hungary clone?

Nope. A FOONLY F-4 if I remember correctly.

> > No. The machine the main person uses is an IMSAI-8080. When he hacks into
> > the school graduation system in the beginning, I seem to remember that it
> > looked like an RSTS/E system, which would mean that it was a PDP-11.
>
> Yes.. Bingo! Boom!
> But.. The PDP-11 wasn't located at that spot ;)
> Heheh.. It was only a damn terminal ;)

Well, through the Imsai...

> The model info. is right..

About what? The PDP-11? There no way you can tell what model of -11 it
was. But it was definitely RSTS/E running ont he machine.

> ITS?! ;)

That's for PDP-10s. And I don't think the FOONLY was running ITS while
generating TRON, but I really don't remember if I've read what exact
software that was used.

	Johnny