Subject: Re: misc. questions on VS4000/90A
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Screenager.2000@gmx.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/08/2000 23:24:45
>>> I have some questions on a VAXstation 4000/90A system:
>>> - Can I run NetBSD on it ? (difference to the VS4000/90)
>>
>>Should run, but i didn't have success with 1.4.2. Maybe -current does
it.

>-current runs.
>
>>> - Can I use a VRT19/17 with it ?
>>
>>If it has a color framebuffer inside, VRT19-HA will be a nice screen for
>>it.
>
>but no support for it.
>
>>> - SCSI support ?
>>
>>-current has it
>
>but it doesn't work yet.  It's close not quite there.

Thanks for all your help !
Allthough it is a bit difficult and confusing to find the currect info
about supported hardware. How about updating the NetBSD/vax page ?
The "Notes on system models and peripherals" section, seems to be quite
old now.
There's one more thing I'd like to know: is the main difference between
VS4000/90 and VS4000/90A the CPU frequency ?

Regards
            Chris