Subject: Re: ka660
To: Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/06/2000 06:35:57
Hi !

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Marc Schneiders wrote:
> I've just got myself a rather strange VAX. From what I've gathered
> about it, it is a MicroVax II upgraded to 4000/200. Anyway it has a
> ka660 cpu. This means no go right? I will setup the MOP etc, if there
> is any chance, as floppies won't work, if I i\understand install notes
> correctly. But if there is no chance, I just have to learn the VMS
> 5-something that's on it :-(

Hmm. not the correct information. The Support ist just not in the tree at the
moment. Look at http://www.vaxpower.de/download, get the netbsd-KA660.zip,
decompress it, and use this kernel and booter with something 1.4-up
distribution binaries, the box should work.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de