Subject: Re: power connector on RFxx drives?
To: Akos Varga <hamster@telnet.hu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/24/2000 14:30:07
Hi !

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Akos Varga wrote:
> I'm currently trying to build a DSSI-based MicroVAX system
> in a BA23 enclosure. The KFQSA controller works in this
> backplane too, so no problem with that, but the DSSI drives
> have different power connectors than any other disk drives
> in this form factor (5.25/3.5). Does this connector have some
> special line, or can one be made from the normal
> connector's wires?

There really are 5 wires connected on these drives. One could be some kind of
motor start signal, in a 4000/105A it goes to a separate connector on the
main board. If you have to know it more exactly, i could disassemble my pile
of VAXen and put the multimeter into some DSSI machine.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de