Subject: Re: Where are the ports gone ?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/18/2000 22:36:38
Hi !

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > I just got a question about the KA670, i did this port august/99 or so, and the
> > machine simply doesn't work anymore with 1.4.2. So i checked out the syssrc.tgz
> > and grepped for the ka670.c. This file does no more exist, also the ka49.c
> > doesn't exist, this is the solution why my 4000/90 doesn't work.

> Hey, hey. 1.4.2 != -current. The 1.4 branch was taken a year ago, and no
> new system types have been included in the 1.4 branch. You must fetch
> a -current source tree to get something useable.

Hmm, i just thought, at least the KA670 is in the tree since 1.4.1. It is
officially supported on Ports/vax. Ok, let's hope for 1.5 :-) -current was
not really compilable the last 5-10 downloads. At least the tarballs are
unusable. I should set up anonCVS some day...

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de