Subject: Re: netboot vax
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/18/2000 15:02:45
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, emanuel stiebler wrote:

> my only problem is stil my:
>
> > root login refused on this terminal.
> > Apr 16 12:24:39 test login: LOGIN root REFUSED ON TTY .nfsA001a4.4

Well, that problem is because your /dev directory is pretty broken,
possibly along with your /etc/ttys

There shouldn't exist a tty called .nfsA001a4.4. Start with fixing your
/dev directory. Easiest dont by changing to that directory and do
"./MAKEDEV all"

/etc/ttys tells the system which terminals can be logged into, and on
which of these you are allowed to login as root. Obviously .nfsA001a4.4 is
not listed as allowed to login as root, since that terminal not even
exists.

Note that for terminals allowed to login to, we're talking about physical
terminals. telnet is kindof separated here.

	Johnny