Subject: Re: Where is boot.mop?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/13/2000 09:30:49
This one had confused me too for a while. However, since I've been
snuffling around in the boot source I had to figure it out.

This is how it works:

There is a program in /usr/sbin called "mopa.out" (personally I would
prefer "mkmop" but there you have it). In the Makefile in the
/usr/src/sys/arch/boot directory it uses this to generate boot.mop from the
boot that was just built. It takes no parameters just:
	/usr/sbin/mopa.out boot boot.mop
and poof, you've got a boot.mop.

Note the interesting thing is that mopa.out will make _any_ a.out file
servable from the mop server. I tried it with a hello world program just
for grins. I used the standalone library to link too though (libsa) so that
the binary wouldn't been too large (I don't know if there is a limit or not)

--Chuck