Subject: Which disks work on a RQDX3?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/12/2000 01:05:19
Greetings,

This might be a bit of a stupid question, but anyway, do disks other than
those of RD5x series work on a RQDX3? And, what is the actual disk
interface? I have quite some old ESDI disks which vary in size from 300
megabytes to one gigabyte. My MicroVAX II (which can be accessed via
http://esp.iki.fi/ :-) might need quite some additional disk space so I
could track -current. If other disks don't work, is someone in Finland, or
Scandinavia, willing to sell some more RD54's for me? And, what can you
actually mount on the slot that's sideways on the BA123 chassis? Will a
TK50 work if mounted sideways? How about an RD54?

--
 Erno Palonheimo - Helsinki University of Technology - + 358 50 560 4765