Subject: Freebies & Others
To: None <classiccmp@classiccmp.org>
From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/2000 14:46:15
	I'm CC'ing this to classiccmp and port-vax because what I have is
pertinent to anyone using rackmount hardware (or VME boards).

	Both items are LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, Kent, Washington (southeast of Seattle).

	NON-FREEBIE... Asking $50.00 or best offer.

	Five-foot tall enclosed equipment rack for 19" hardware. Cosmetically OK,
some scratching of the paint, no dents or drops that I can see.

	Rails front and back are pre-drilled and tapped for standard 10-32 screws.
Has 'wiremold' brand plug strip mounted along one side to the rear, and a
humongous (12" at least) cooling fan in the bottom.

	Said fan draws air through a removable/cleanable aluminum-mesh filter on
the bottom/front, then blows it up from the bottom of the cabinet. It's
noisy, but it moves a load of air! The power cord for said fan was frayed
and cracking, so I cut it off. Can be easily replaced.

	It's on wheels, and includes a magnetic-latch rear door. Black/Light Tan
color scheme.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

	FREE TO A GOOD HOME...

	Charles River Data Systems VME Chassis, Rackmount (std. 19"), with slides.
Eight-slot, if I recall correctly, big beefy power supply, plenty of I/O
connectors, and space to mount hard drives (5.25 or 3.5, your choice).
Heck, I think I may even have the key for the keyswitch up front.

	If you buy the rack, and then decide you want the chassis, great. If not,
said chassis is a first-come, first-served freebie.

	Thanks much!

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com  // E-mail: kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: WD6EOS since Dec. '77
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our
own human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."