Subject: 1.4V BUG : Building installation stuff
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/01/2000 22:57:34
Ok, I'm trying to debug a boot/install kernel bug and I've got it to be
repeatable but haven't yet figured out yet where to look exactly.

The players are:
	boot.mop
	boot
	netbsd.gz

If I install boot.mop on my NFS server, and I install boot/netbsd.gz on my
NFS server, then I get the booter (correct date, etc) from mopd, then can't
find netbsd (expected) then I find netbsd.gz, go a little bit and then
"poof!" the booter dies.

If I decompress the kernel using gzip and leave that on the NFS file
system, the system boots into sysinstall as expected.

My theory is that we've switched from gzip compression to bz2 compression
and the booter isn't in sync. Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

--Chuck