Subject: Re: Question re. installation
To: None <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/30/2000 10:45:50
On 30 Mar, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> the 1.4.2 ones I believe.
Oh. Replace ist with current. Sorry that my snapshot does not include
install tools. I could not get them compiled and I dont had the time to
investigate the errors.

>> mail in port-vax about this problem. The solution was a new booter.
>> Normaly the bootprocess will continue when you enter the correct
>> root-dev. If you get the box bootet untar my snapshot and do a
>> disklabel -B sd0
>
> I hope this works. It seems when I am booting from the 1.4.2 diskette
> I cannot execute snapshot binaries due to shared library problems.
???
tar (and pax if you prefer this) are staticly linked and included in the
MFS of the bootfloppy. You don't need more than mounting the disk, untar
the sets (add option "-p" to tar, "-pe" to pax), boot from disk and do a
"disklabel -B sd0" to get new binarys and the new booter.

> I believe it should. IMHO ssh and sshd are quite essential binaries
> which, if possible, ought to be included into the base set.
This is your personal point of view. I am sure there is an other person
with the opposite opinion. It is just a question of personal
priorities.  For me, it does not matter if it is in the base system or
pkgsrc.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen