Subject: Re: Question re. installation
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/30/2000 01:18:58
On 30 Mar, Georg Schwarz wrote:

> are you usingthe machine's console or a serial terminal?
Serial console.

> I'm using the first one. Might make a difference.
It might be. What bootblocks do you use? (Date) I remember an other
mail in port-vax about this problem. The solution was a new booter.
Normaly the bootprocess will continue when you enter the correct
root-dev. If you get the box bootet untar my snapshot and do a
disklabel -B sd0
to install the new booter. Watch the date in the copyright message of
the booter.

> unfortunaltely this assumes I already have a working "development"
> system (compilers, etc.) :-(
Untar comp.tgz ;-)
OK, OK. But remember the number of hardware platforms NetBSD is running
on. It is imposible to provide precompiled binary packages for every
platform. Puting ssh in tree is a legal problem (no BSD licence). Maybe
this will be solved by OpenSSH. It is allready integrated in to the
FreeBSD base system.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen