Subject: Re: Question re. installation
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Georg Schwarz <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/30/2000 00:19:24
> On 28 Mar, Georg Schwarz wrote:
>=20
> > Now when I boot from DKA100 the kernel shows up. I get
> >=20
> > boot disk: <unknown>
> > root disk: _
> >=20
> > there's a rapidly flasing cursor, and the system does not react on any
> > keystrokes. It just hangs.
> > What did I do wrong, and how should I do it better?
> Hmm? I finaly found the time to install the snapshot on my own machine
> and it boots with the new booter just like with the old: without any
> problems.=20

are you usingthe machine's console or a serial terminal?
I'm using the first one. Might make a difference.

>=20
> > PS: does NetBSD really come without ssh(d)???
> untar pkgsrc.tgz, cd /usr/pkgsrc/security/ssh ; make install, use it.
> :-)

unfortunaltely this assumes I already have a working "development"
system (compilers, etc.) :-(

--=20
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut f=FCr Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universit=E4t Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi