Subject: Re: Question re. installation
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Georg Schwarz <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/2000 18:41:56
> 3.  when booted, set ftp install from a local machine using the 1.4V
>     sets rather than the 1.4.2 sets.

but here you used sysinst to install the 1.4V sets, didn't you?
>=20
> 4.  Reboot and it is up and running.
>=20
> Last night, I had 2 already done, on the spare drive, so just did 3 and
> 4 and it was up and running.
>=20
> If you don't have Ultrix to get the machine up the first time, you
> have to use something that has a tape or netboot or floppy boot.

fortunately I can now boot from floppy disk.

--=20
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut f=FCr Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universit=E4t Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi