Subject: Re: le0 broken in 1.4V
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius SdU <elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2000 21:28:19
On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

> Where does the install kernel get built? I figured I would go ahead and
> make my snapshot a "full" release and cd'd to /usr/src/distrib and did the
> make but it failed when it couldn't find netbsd.ram.gz.
> --Chuck

I used the INSTALL config file as a starting point for making one of my
own. The config file that's in the current sources is outdated, and
doesn't work. It's quite easy to make a working config by inserting the
stuff needed for the md disk and support for md as rootdevice, in the
generic config. However it's currently not possible to build a
installkernel that works on all processors, since the kernel gets too big
to boot >2Meg. I've made the config file i used available for download at:

http://www.mds.mdh.se/~elt96ahs/downloads/NetBSD-vax/INSTALL

--
cheers,

/Anders

"Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake
 the second time you make it." G. Fowler

* Anders Hogrelius SdU   Phone : +46 21 381860
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: elt96ahs@mds.mdh.se
* 72216 Vasteras