Subject: Re: IBM AS/400 62RW-100 scsi drives and9348-001 9 track on VAX?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/25/2000 09:56:49
On 24 Mar, J.S. Havard wrote:

> I think the disk drives are going to be using 520 byte sectors, instead of
> 512-byte, or something else sane.
I have some old Fujitsu M2263SA drives from a Tandon Unix machine. They
were configured to 514 bytes/sector. I used an old DOS modepage editor
from DEC to reconfigure the drives to 512 bytes/sector and after a low
level format they were (obviously) usable like any other drive.
I am sure the IBM drives can be reconfigured to. I have some old IBM
066X drives and the OEM-manuals. The sectorsize of these drives is
configurable from 256 to 744 bytes/sector.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen