Subject: IBM AS/400 62RW-100 scsi drives and9348-001 9 track on VAX?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/24/2000 15:50:33
I went surplus diving again, today, and picked up a rather tilting looking
IBM 9336 AS/400 rack, with a beautiful 9 track tape deck (the horiziontal
HP looking thing), and a rack of scsi drives.  The scsi drives appear to
be plain old 50 pin things, and have an IBM number 62RW-100 on them
(and 95x2069).  Anyone know if these things might run on a VAX?
They look ordinary scsi to me, and the VAX 3100 line seems to handle
ordinary scsi rather well.  It was worth the gamble to me, for the
price.  I could not pass up a late model HP looking scsi 9 track tape
at only 20 bucks (rack of scsi hds, included).....(:+\\....

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob