Subject: Re: Did the VAX snapshot get finished yet?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/2000 20:32:32
> You didn't base the crosscompiler on the pkgsrc stuff?  I have been
> trying a bit to add a vax-targeted cross compilation system going,
> like the others in pkgsrc/cross, but I stranded on as, which does not
> produce byte-for-byte identical output yet.

Speaking of which...as a few of you may recall, I was working on a
different approach to this: an emulator that would run the VAX tools
"native" on a non-VAX, by doing opcode-by-opcode emulation.

I got it to the point where it would run the compiler, but the
resulting files are not right, and I don't know why.  I would *like* to
just compare everything to a real VAX, but both my real VAXen seem to
be broken.  I'm still on the lookout for another VAX, but in the
meantime, if anyone would like to pick up what I've got and work on it,
I'll be happy to send it out.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca