Subject: Re: Anyone got a recent current snapshot?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/23/2000 20:27:57
In article <38D94960.5A622655@hopi.dtcc.edu>, Chris Tribo
<t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu> writes
>       It is neither of the above, follow the documentation link from the
>netbsd homepage to "kernel" to get the full info. The docs are pretty
>good,
>you just need to apply the patch before you get to make depend. (I don't
>have the patch handy to point you to the right dir, nor do I have any
>RZ56's)
>       It took my 3100/m30 (KA42 w 20MB/RAM, RZ25L under DMA SCSI kernel)
>about 5.5 hours to build GENERIC. Let the list know if it works.

I have downloaded the source and am currently compiling -current on my
VAX just to make sure that it works before I break it with the patch
;-).

I will then apply the patch and compile again.  I will let you know the
results.  At present I have NetBSD installed on an RZ24 and the source
on a NetBSD 486 mounted on the VAX filesystem by NFS.  I expect that
this will slow the process down somewhat due to the network.  It took
over an hour to do the make depend, how long should it take with the
source on a local disk?

BTW thanks to everyone for the keyboard advice, it hadn't occurred to me
to look at the terminal setup :(.  Then again, I have spent the last few
days walking around the room between three machines before it occurred
to me that I could telnet into both of the NetBSD boxes from my windoze
box and save walking ;-)
--
Regards
Pete