Subject: Re: Anyone got a recent current snapshot?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Joules <peter@joules0.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2000 20:50:26
In article <4.3.1.2.20000322072946.00b89bb0@mail.corecomm.net>, Jon W
Grubbs <jgrubbs@megsinet.net> writes
>The RZ56 will probably not be seen even with the -current
>build kernel.  I submitted a patch for the MI NCR5380 driver a couple of
>weeks ago that has not yet been incorporated into current.  Without it, the
>RZ56 gets hung due to a bug in the TI sync processing in the driver.

I had assumed that, when a patch was posted to the port specific list as
you did with yours, someone would pick it up and apply it.  Clearly this
was a simplistic view.  Can anyone on the list, either let me know when
I can reasonably expect to be able to download a kernel incorporating
the patch or tell me how to compile my own?

From what I gather from an earlier reply there is no specific kernel
source tree as there is with Linux.  Do I need to download the entire
source tree and run a make on it?  Is there a configuration utility like
Linux's 'menuconfig'?  If not how does one specify which architecture
one is compiling for?
--
Regards
Pete