Subject: Re: RZ23 problem, now with bonus RZ24!
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2000 18:06:23
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> Wow! This seemed to do the trick. I wonder if that'll make the drives
> on my VS4000/60 work too, with the controller support added recently.
> I was getting the exact same condition. I'll have to give that a try.

Is this really a bug?  I always thought we just had to explicitly specify
the filesystem type on the disklabel?  I mean, I've never done it any
other way than that.  Which I guess is why I was always so baffled by the
reports of problems with RZ23 drives.  Mine always worked fine.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
Does anyone else have a sick sensation in their stomach that tells them
that we're going to start seeing postings by people using something even
more pathetic than a WebTV?  -- K.