Subject: RZ23 problem, now with bonus RZ24!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2000 18:56:59
So I've got these VS3100/m38s, and I experienced the notorious RZ23
problem. I managed to disklabel it, but newfs responds with Device Not
Configured. I did manage to newfs the RZ25 in the same machine, on the
same channel. So I moved on to my next VS3100, which has a RZ24 in it. I
figured out a disklabel, wrote it, and tried to newfs - and I get Device
Not Configured. I can reboot the machines, and read the disklabel that I
wrote, so it is actually writing it (plus, I use the -r liberally), but
newfs just don't cut it. Disklabel -B also works (well, apears to).

At this point, I don't even know where to begin looking. Any help would
be appreciated.

--
 -Buckaroo