Subject: Re: Anyone got a recent current snapshot?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2000 00:28:56
On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:

> > 	The problem is that UN*X uses the . as a directory descriptor.
> > So what you are really asking for is something/1/4T/ You might try cd
>
> Huh? Names like /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4.2 are totally legal on UN*X, you'll
> see them on the FTP site (which is of course a NetBSD machine). All FFS
> directories contain a self-referential subdirectory named ".", but this is
> recognized just like all other pathnames in the directory. To use it, you
> have to do things like "dir/." or "dir/./subdir/file".

Yeah, I thought Chris must be using some heavy drugs when I read his
reply.  He gets a big red 'F' in Unix for the week.

My guess is that the original poster's problem is the now classic passive
vs normal FTP issues in transfering through firewalls.  Netscape defaults
to passive transfers, whereas WS_FTP likely doesn't.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----