Subject: Re: booting VS3100 by floppyx
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Georg Schwarz <schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2000 08:26:47
> > I did that (as DX23). Now (on Linux) I get:
> >=20
> > dd if=3Dboot.fs of=3D/dev/fd0
> > dd: /dev/fd0: Input/output error
> > 15+0 records in
> > 14+0 records out
> >=20
> > This is on a SparcStation 10 running Linux. So far I had not had any
> > floppy problems whatsoever with it. I wrote tons of PC boot disks on
> > it. Do I need some extra parameters?
>=20
>     You may need to add bs=3D512 (or is it 4096?) ; possibly use rfd0 in =
place
> of fd0, although I'm not very familiar with Linux yet.

it appeared that the particular disk must have been faulty. With another one
dd went through smoothly. I didn't manage to boot with it though. I'll
post the VAX's error message later this day.

--=20
Georg Schwarz                             schwarz@physik.tu-berlin.de
Institut f=FCr Theoretische Physik    Tel. +49 30 314-24254, FAX -21130
Technische Universit=E4t Berlin          http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
Sekr. PN 7-1, Hardenbergstr. 36, D-10623 Berlin            IRC: kuroi