Subject: RE: New drives in the M3100/M76
To: Douglas D Denney <DENNEY_DOUGLAS_D@LILLY.COM>
From: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2000 16:47:02
Sounds like teh 1gb limit referrd to.  Apparently the DUMP file has to be
in the first GB or it will overwrite what down there.  Hence the 1gb limit
for the VMS boot device.

I consider it a minor issue as I'd use a disk larger than 1gb for
data/user/app space and keep the boot device under 1gb.

It's also apparently unique to VMS on older 3100s.

Allison