Subject: more build status/bugs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/2000 12:53:39
Background:
	I'm attempting to build -current.
	I'm now building on a VS3100/M76 with everything NFS mounted
	Using the 19991115 snapshot.
	Build command : DESTDIR = /usr/build
			OBJDIR = /usr/obj
			make -m /usr/src/share/mk UPDATE=1 MKMAN=NO build | tee -a make.log
	(note I already did the make obj to generate the object directory symlinks)

Update: I've configured up a VS3100/M76 with 32MB of RAM to do a build.
This is about double the speed of the 3800 which is nice since finding and
fixing build bugs is _very_ slow. The latest was in the build of librpcsvc.c
	In this library some header files are built and left in
/usr/src/lib/librpcsvc but
	the makefile fails to add the two lines:
		CFLAGS += -I$(.CURDIR)
		LINTFLAGS += -I$(.CURDIR)
	(acutally I hard coded /usr/src/lib/libropcsvc hear but CURDIR should work

The bug here is that the .h files aren't where they can be seen.
	1) Either the make includes step broke
	2) or they makefile is broken.

I don't know which but in the meantime I've restarted my build and its
building EGCS. Interestingly you cannot build the new EGCS with the one in
1.4.1. (failed in building grep)

--Chuck